Anyone with teens knows that time does fly. Seems like you just dropped them off at kindergarten and now you are staring at the newest driver in your house.
We’re feeling the passage of time this year as well. On December 5, 2022, At The Core will celebrate our birthday – our 10th year of helping families. Just….wow!
Throughout the past year, we’ve shared a series of “top 10” blog posts each month. If you’ve missed them, here is a list:
- FAFSA: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Our Top 10 High School, College, and Career Planning Blog Posts
- Top 10 Benefits of Dual Enrollment or Dual Credit
- 10 Things You Might Not Have Known About the Test Optional Movement
- Top 10 Summer Tasks for High School Students (and Families)
- 10 Life Skills for Your Teen
- Top 10 Reasons Parents Should Learn about Career Tech (Even if Their Child is College-Bound)
- College Selection: 10 Things to Think About
- 10 Things At The Core Is Thankful For (Both Silly and Serious)
Reflecting on 10 Years
As we take a moment to look back, the pictures that come to mind are of FAMILIES. Families trying to navigate the waters of middle school and high school while thinking ahead to college and career.
We remember the “ah-ha” moments a mom had about college planning, the face of a student when they, for the first time, recognize a personality trait and how it can help them in the future, or a proud dad taking time to share an update about his kiddo.
The Spark of an Idea
These moments with families are exactly what our founder, Beth Probst, was thinking about 10 years ago when the idea sparked: How can we help students consider their strongest traits and connect them to work they will love? How can that work help define a student’s choices during high school? How can this work save families time, effort, and money as that student finishes high school and heads to what’s next?
At The Core was founded on these thoughts, and over the years, we’ve grown into a powerful team of professionals that still focus on exactly those questions. Thousands of families have joined us on that mission. We are grateful for all of the support from our families and partners, and we hope you will join us as we celebrate.
Enjoy this post? Don’t want to miss any future blogs about education, college, or careers?