You have a junior! As you enter the second half of your child’s junior year, those critical “college prep” tasks loom large, but you might feel lost, overwhelmed or uncertain. We get it! You have so many questions. We built this program just for you.
Join us to get that boost of detailed information you need to understand and tackle the tasks ahead (and decrease your stress level)! In this 90-minute webinar, we’ll lay it all out for your family, and we’ll direct you to the resources you will value.
Note: This event is intended for families who weren’t able to attend our “Junior Year” program in the past.
HOW TO WATCH?
We will be providing a recording of this webinar to all who register so your family can watch when it fits your schedule. This recording is for the exclusive use of your family and may not be shared. Families watching live have the benefit of asking questions during the program. Those watching on demand can share their quick questions with us via email. The recording will be available until 3/31/22.
Next summer, your student will start their college applications. Small steps between now and then will be important to take (and so impactful), and we’re grateful to be able to show you the ropes. Webinar topics include:
- What are the tasks ahead of us?
- How to stay motivated as a family and not get stuck
- High school considerations – GPA, looking ahead to senior year, etc.
- College research including visits, search criteria, etc.
- ACT/SAT – When to take them? How to prepare? Wait – are these tests still important?
- 504/IEP considerations as you look at colleges
- College applications – What do they look like? What about essays? What colleges are really looking for in applicants, extracurriculars, etc.?
- COVID-19’s anticipated impacts to the process ahead
- Personal development tips for your child as they move toward college
- Careers and majors, paying for colleges, finishing the academic year strong, and more!
Parents and students are encouraged to watch the webinar together. This junior year webinar is one of our low-cost sessions, with a family ticket price of $29.
Families will want to consider registering for our additional deep dive webinars for more information. Visit www.GettingAtTheCore.com/upcoming-webinars for the complete list.
Please note that not all questions may be answered during the program due to time constraints. Families with very specific student or situation questions will be better served by our Private Consultation service (in-person in Central Ohio or online nationwide).