8th Grade Parents at Worthington McCord, Phoenix, Kilbourne, Perry, & Worthingway Middle Schools
You have been invited to attend a unique, valuable, and free program to support your student as they transition to high school. Each year this presentation is wildly popular. You won’t want to miss it! Beth Probst, founder and CEO of At The Core, has crafted a presentation of tips and tools to help you prepare your student for high school and the road ahead.
This program was made possible by McCord Middle School PTA.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: 8th grade parents in the Worthington School District (Other districts are welcome to join, but may find the Looking Ahead webinar for all districts on January 29 more beneficial.)
WHERE: Worthington Kilbourne High School, 1499 Hard Road, Columbus OH 43235
REGISTER: Tuesday, January 9 – 6:30 to 8:00 pm
Topics will include:
- a timeline of what you can expect each year in high school
- choosing courses and an overview of all the options available (honors classes, AP & IB classes, College Credit Plus/dual enrollment, academies, Delaware Area Career Center, etc.)
- the value of pre-planning – keeping college prep and graduation requirements in mind
- extracurriculars that support your student
- achieving the balance needed for success in the long run
- ACT/SAT testing – a 10,000 foot level look to get that thinking started
- how parents can support their maturing students
- and more!
This session is built for 8th grade WORTHINGTON CITY SCHOOL parents. Our kids get a lot of info about this transition through the school, and this session is intended to support parents. Some kids WILL come, and that is perfectly fine too!