8th Grade Parents at Olentangy Berkshire, Berlin, Hyatts, Liberty, Orange, & Shanahan Middle Schools
You have been invited to attend a unique, valuable, and free program to support your student as they transition to high school. Each year this presentation is wildly popular. You won’t want to miss it! Beth Probst, founder and CEO of At The Core, has crafted a presentation of tips and tools to help you prepare your student for high school and the road ahead.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: 8th grade parents in the Olentangy Local School District
WHERE: Liberty Township Hall, 7802 Liberty Road N, Powell, OH 43065. Please note according to the township that the parking lot at the Township Hall is shared with the YMCA and parking is on a first come, first served basis. Overflow parking available at Liberty Middle School.
REGISTER: Wednesday, January 24, 6:30-8:00 pm (FREE)
Topics will include:
- a timeline of what you can expect each year in high school
- choosing courses and an overview of all the options available (honors classes, AP classes, College Credit Plus, Delaware Area Career Center, etc.)
- the value of pre-planning – keeping college prep and graduation requirements in mind
- extracurriculars that support your student
- achieving the balance needed for success in the long run
- ACT/SAT testing – a 10,000 foot level look to get that thinking started
- how parents can support their maturing students
- and more!
This session is built for parents of 8th grade students. Our kids get a lot of info about this transition through the school, and this session is intended to support parents. Some kids WILL come, and that is perfectly fine too!
NOTE: Some high schools offer a program for 8th grade parents. Watch for that information and definitely attend! What we share is very complementary to those programs.
Can’t attend live? Register for our Looking Ahead webinar for all districts on January 29. All who register will receive the recording.