Parents of students entering 8th grade,
ALL DISTRICTS WELCOME!
You have been invited to attend a unique, valuable, and free webinar to support your student as they transition to high school. Each year this presentation is wildly popular. You won’t want to miss it! Beth Probst, founder and CEO of At The Core, has crafted a presentation of tips and tools to help you prepare your student for high school and the road ahead.
TWO OPTIONS TO WATCH:
• Register and watch live on 12/02/21 (Recommended!)
• Register and watch on your schedule
We will be providing a recording of this webinar to all who register so your family can watch when it fits your schedule. Families watching live have the benefit of asking questions during the program. Those watching on demand can share their quick questions with us via email.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: 8th grade parents (all districts welcome)
Topics will include:
- a timeline of what you can expect each year in high school
- choosing courses and an overview of all the options available (honors classes, AP & IB classes, College Credit Plus/dual enrollment, etc.)
- the value of pre-planning – keeping college prep and graduation requirements in mind
- extracurriculars that support your student
- achieving the balance needed for success in the long run
- ACT/SAT testing – a 10,000 foot level look to get that thinking started
- how parents can support their maturing students
- and more!
This session is built for parents of students entering 9th grade next fall. Our kids get a lot of info about this transition through the school, and this session is intended to support parents. Some kids WILL come, and that is perfectly fine too!