As parents of college-bound students, we know several things:
- Competition for jobs after college is fierce.
- Our students need to find a way to stand out from all the other grads in their major.
- Internship (and co-op) work experience is so important for students.
- Those experiences enhance their resume and teach them invaluable skills.
But how can we guide our students to successfully find those internships in college?
Join Beth Probst, Founder and CEO of At The Core, for an eye-opening program about internships. Families often think that someone at the college will do the heavy lifting to help their students find these experiences. We know from experience that isn’t always the case, and we want you to have the information we can share.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: anyone interested in knowing more about how students seek and secure internships during college. NOTE: we will only cover the process for internships that require some college experience.
Topics will include:
- The who, what, when, where, and why of internships and co-ops in college
- Tips and examples of how to search and find them
- What is the process once solid postings are found? We’ll discuss applications, resumes and cover letters, interviews, correspondence, offers and much more.
- A slew of other topics – paid vs unpaid, earning college credit, etc.
Please note that not all questions may be answered during the program due to time constraints. We hope you will join us for this new program!