DO YOU HAVE A RISING SENIOR? CLASS OF 2021?
Go from stressed, confused, and overwhelmed to prepared, relieved, and confident in our powerful College Application Workshop. All workshops will take place online using powerful collaborative learning software.
Prefer a one-on-one meeting about college applications? Schedule a Private Consultation with us today.
Parents, we want THIS for you…
“…I thought she’d been in her room watching Netflix all summer. Then she showed me her spreadsheet with admissions requirements, available scholarships, admission deadlines, which essays are required, etc. for all seven schools she is interested in. She’s also sketching out essays. We’re so happy we had her take the workshop – there is no way she would be this far along if she had not.” — Class of 2020 Parent
The Class of 2021 will experience a college application season like no other.
COVID-19 has caused disruption to many of the moving parts of college planning–ACT/SAT plans, on-campus visits, test optional policies at colleges, and more.
The college application season opens in a few short months (August 1st). Now more than ever, your student needs the help, support, and information we deliver in this important workshop.
We built our College Application Workshop years ago to support families. With our laser-focused, year-round attention on the college process, we know what your student needs to learn to tackle the process with confidence and clarity.
Please don’t wait for school to start and hope someone can help you then.
Experts will lead students through:
- COVID-19 Considerations – summer/fall plans for ACT/SAT, test optional policies at colleges, conducting college visits online, etc.
- The Common Application
- College application essays
- Deadlines & timelines for the steps ahead
- Trusted resources and tools to use
- ACT/SAT scores & reporting
- Letters of recommendation
- Choosing a college major
- College research (college fairs, what’s a “fit,” campus visits, etc.)
- Scholarship research and applications
- Preparing for the transition to college
Why should your student take this workshop?
- We’ve assembled a team of experts to support your child.
- Get your student started – Isn’t that the hardest part…getting started?!
- To keep everyone safe, workshops are online this summer. We’ve invested in the best platform and preparation to ensure an engaged and productive experience.
- Students attend the workshop; all sessions have capped attendance to maintain a small group setting.
- Students learn about the whole process, timeline, tasks, and resources to access over the coming months.
- All information taught is built for the Class of 2021 and their unique needs.
- Maintain momentum – your family is supported during the summer and fall with resources/guidance.
Wondering about the use of the online platform this year?
We’re not taking this lightly. We have seen a wide variety of “online learning” over the past weeks for our own kids. We knew we needed to bring ALL of the activities of this workshop into a high-powered online classroom format. We also hired a 10-year online-only teaching professional to help us as we convert the class to the new software platform.
Our platform will allow us to use webcams, live instruction, small group collaboration in breakout rooms, one-on-one support, multiple communication methods including voice, chat, polling, and much more.
Hilliard School district families — Your district has wonderful opportunities for this work in August of your senior year. Keep an eye open for these informational and working sessions for your Hilliard student. You are lucky to have this assistance in your district!