Why does anyone go to college? We often hear “to get a better job.” However, so many teens embark on the college search process without taking time to consider careers and majors–the two things that should be driving the process. What do you need to know right now, while your teen is still in high school? There are steps parents can take to help their teens with career and major decisions which are right around the corner.
HOW TO WATCH?
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Parents and Students – Entering Grades 8-12
Join At The Core Founder and CEO Beth Probst and Director of Career Management and Corporate Relations for The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business and At The Core facilitator Allison Jones for this FREE, thought-provoking discussion.
Webinar topics include:
- How can a student really learn about CAREERS and tie them to college MAJORS?
- A demonstration of websites to learn about careers and advice on when to use them
- Evaluation of the interests, traits, and values of a teen which can lead to a mindful career search
- Tips we can share from our work with teens and families
- Lots of resources and tools your family will value
What do families have to say about this program?
“Loved this workshop!! Thank you so much – it was super helpful!”
“I have that careers book in my Amazon cart right now! LOL”
“A fabulous webinar! It was awesome!”
Families will want to consider registering for our additional webinars about college planning, testing, college research, extracurriculars, paying for college, & more. Visit Upcoming Webinars for the complete list.
Please note that not all questions may be answered during the program due to time constraints. Families with very specific student or situation questions will be better served by our Private Consultation service (in-person in Central Ohio or online nationwide).