Parents of students entering 8th grade,
**This event has passed. Olentangy parents can request the webinar recording from their program by completing this form.**
You have been invited to attend a unique, valuable, and free webinar to support your student as they transition to high school. Each year this presentation is wildly popular. You won’t want to miss it! Beth Probst, founder and CEO of At The Core, has crafted a presentation of tips and tools to help you prepare your student for high school and the road ahead.
We will be providing a recording of this webinar to all who register so your family can watch when it fits your schedule. Families watching live have the benefit of asking questions during the program. Those watching on demand can share their quick questions with us via email.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: 8th grade parents in the Olentangy Local School District (Other districts are welcome to join, but may find the Looking Ahead program for all districts on 1/25/22 more beneficial.)
Topics will include:
- a timeline of what you can expect each year in high school
- choosing courses and an overview of all the options available (honors classes, AP & IB classes, College Credit Plus/dual enrollment, etc.)
- the value of pre-planning – keeping college prep and graduation requirements in mind
- extracurriculars that support your student
- achieving the balance needed for success in the long run
- ACT/SAT testing – a 10,000 foot level look to get that thinking started
- how parents can support their maturing students
- and more!
This session is built for parents of students entering 9th grade next fall. Our kids get a lot of info about this transition through the school, and this session is intended to support parents. Some kids WILL come, and that is perfectly fine too!
NOTE: Each Olentangy high school offers a program for 8th grade parents. Watch for that information and definitely attend! What we share is very complementary to those programs. If dates/times conflict, remember to register for our webinar and watch the recording (sent to all registrants).