Two session workshop:
- Session I: Wednesday, February 21 – 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- Session II: Sunday, February 25 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm (Parents join their students at 2:00 pm on Sunday.)
An enlightening and fun career-minded workshop for students in the middle grades! All activities help prepare students to properly prepare for high school and beyond.
Each workshop is two hours per day, two days in each session. Workshop dates are separated by a few days to accommodate homework. The workshop includes small group, individual, and whole group activities.
Topics covered will include:
- Self assessment – the importance of tracking your strengths, values and preferences
- Career investigation – how to evaluate and learn about potential careers and tie personal traits to real jobs
- Planning for high school and beyond (this hour is facilitated with parents and students present) – Based on your child’s strengths, interests, and preferences, we will share key considerations for the family to create a high school plan to meet their goals
Students invest time in thinking about the future. They gain new insights parents can build upon. We spend the final hour with families brainstorming together.
What age student is right for this workshop? The workshop will work best for students age 11 to 15 entering seventh, eighth, and ninth grades.