An enlightening and fun career-minded workshop for students in the middle grades (GRADES 7, 8, & 9)! All activities help prepare students to properly prepare for high school and beyond.
Two session workshop:
- Session I: Thursday, October 25 – 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- Session II: Sunday, October 28 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm (Parents join their students at 2:00 pm on Sunday.)
Each workshop is two hours per day, two days in each session. Workshop dates are separated by a few days to accommodate homework. The workshop includes small group, individual, and whole group activities.
Topics covered will include:
- Self assessment – the importance of tracking your strengths, values, traits, and preferences
- Career investigation – how to evaluate and learn about potential careers and tie personal traits to real jobs
- Planning for high school and beyond (this hour is facilitated with parents and students present) – Based on your child’s strengths, interests, and preferences, we will share key considerations for the family to create a high school plan to meet their goals
Value of attending:
- Students invest time in thinking about the future
- Gain new insights parents can build upon
- Final hour of families brainstorming together
What age student is right for this workshop? The workshop will work best for students age 11 to 15 entering seventh, eighth, and ninth grades.